The European Parliament 2019 – 2024: Key Committee Composition
This note looks at the composition of major Committees in the European Parliament, and what the power dynamics will be.
After several marathon sessions, the European Council agreed on the line-up for the EU “top jobs” on 2 July 2019. The deal, which notably saw German Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen (CDU, EPP) surprisingly designated as the next European Commission (EC) President, meant that the European Parliament (EP) could proceed with the election of its own leadership on 3 July.
NOVE’s note takes a look at this new roster and outlines the 10 Committees most important to business in Europe, describing their composition, internal dynamics, political balance and leadership – and MEPs to watch!
– The International Trade Committee (INTA)
– The Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee (ECON)
– The Environment, Public Health and Food Safety Committee (ENVI)
– The Industry Research and Energy Committee (ITRE)
– The Internal Market and Consumer Protection Committee (IMCO)
– The Transport and Tourism Committee (TRAN)
– The Agriculture and Rural Development Committee (AGRI)
– The Culture and Education Committee (CULT)
– The Legal Affairs Committee (JURI)
– The Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs Committee (LIBE)
Happy reading! If you should have questions, or should like to learn more about NOVE, our team and our services, please get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org